Image source: pixabay
It can be challenging to know what the best hand mixer is, as there are thousands of options currently on the market. A hand mixer is essential for the kitchen, whether you're new to baking or a seasoned professional.
Many people may consider investing in a stand mixer instead. But a hand mixer is crucial, even if you own a stand mixer. You'll want to use it for light and quick jobs that your stand mixer is just too bulky for.
Considering all of this, it might be beneficial to find out what to look for when purchasing a hand mixer.
Choosing The Best Hand Mixer
Image source: pixabay
There are various things to look for when selecting the best hand mixer, including their functionalities and benefits.
Hand Mixers Vs. Stand Mixers
Even if you love your stand mixer, you can still benefit from a hand mixer. Stand mixers are bulky and can be time-consuming to clean, so when you're mixing up simple and light ingredients, a hand mixer can be the ideal option.
Functionalities To Look For
There are various functionalities to look for when choosing the best hand mixer.
The best hand mixer will include numerous accessories. This could consist of a set of beaters, a set of dough hooks, a separate whisk, or a recipe book.
Of course, your hand mixer doesn't have to include all of these things. It's best to determine what your needs are from a hand mixer and choose one that comes with the attachments that you're looking for.
Ideally, a hand mixer should have at least three speed settings. The best hand mixer will give the option to start slow to prevent any messes or splatters. You might also want the option for a very high-speed setting to quickly whip up ingredients, such as egg whites.
Some hand mixers include a turbo power option. This will add power to any speed, giving you the extra kick you might need when mixing ingredients.
The best hand mixer should be comfortable to use. It should feature an ergonomic handle that works well with your hand. This might include a rubber or silicone grip so that your hand doesn't slip off.
The mixer itself should be a good weight. If it's too light, you might lose some control when mixing. If it's too heavy, your arm will quickly fatigue, and it will be difficult to use. It's best to find a happy medium. Pick up in-store displays to determine the best weight for you.
Storage And easy to clean
The best hand mixer will be easy to store. Hand mixers are compact, especially when you compare it with a stand mixer. Many hand mixers include storage attachments to allow you to easily store the accessories with the hand mixer, preventing you from losing them.
Even if a hand mixer doesn't come with a storage attachment, that doesn't mean it's not a reliable hand mixer. As long as a hand mixer is compact, we consider it to have excellent storage capabilities.
How We Reviewed
Image source: pixabay
To choose the best hand mixer options, we made sure not to choose any that have less than 4.0 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. A hand mixer can have all the right features on paper, but if users aren't a fan of it, then it isn't one of the best. We also took a look at professional reviews to make sure the mixers have top ratings within the community.
Additionally, we made sure the mixers have a wide range of functionalities, such as at least three speed settings, included attachments, and secure storage.
The 10 Best Hand Mixer Options
Here are our top 10 options for the best hand mixer, in no particular order.
1. KitchenAid 5-Speed Ultra Power
- Mix ingredients for a variety of recipes from slowly stirring in chunky ingredients, like nuts or chocolate chips, at speed one to whipping egg whites or heavy cream at speed five. Cord length : 36 Inches
The KitchenAid 5-Speed mixer is one of the best hand mixer choices currently on the market. It is affordable, compact, and lightweight. This mixer is perfect for your everyday mixing needs.
It features five speeds and comes with two stainless steel turbo beaters. The mixer has the control and power necessary to mix a variety of foods, from cookie dough to potatoes.
Because of the speed settings, you can use the mixer for numerous recipes. This could be slowly stirring in chocolate chips or quickly whipping egg whites.
The KitchenAid hand mixer features a lockable swivel cord that lets you lock it into either side of the mixer. This way, you can approach your ingredients from any angle. This cord is also easy to wipe clean.
Additionally, this mixer includes a beater ejector button for the stainless steel turbo beaters. The button lets you easily remove the accessories with a one-handed button press.
The mixer is well-rated, having 4.2 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It is available in a wide variety of color options so that it can match virtually any kitchen decor. This hand mixer weighs 2 pounds, and its dimensions are 8 by 2.5 by 6 inches.
2. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer With
- MIX WITH EASE: With 6 speeds, including the Quick Burst button, you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any recipe
- EASY TO HANDLE: With 250 watts of peak power hand mixer
- BOWL REST FEATURE: A built in groove lets you rest the hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not all over your countertop
- VERSATILE ATTACHMENTS: The kitchen mixer includes easy to clean set of traditional beaters and whisk
- SNAP ON STORAGE CASE: This hand mixer includes a handy snap on storage case no more lost beaters
This Hamilton Beach hand mixer is another one of the best hand mixer options on the market. You can easily mix or whip up ingredients for most recipes with this mixer's convenience, comfort, and power.
This hand mixer is versatile, and you can whisk, mix, or fold with it. It has a built-in bowl rest that makes it easy to set the mixer down without making a mess when you're adding ingredients.
This hand mixer has six speeds. This includes its handy burst function that will give you additional power at any speed.
The Hamilton Beach mixer is also incredibly easy to store. It has a convenient snap-on case that keeps the attachments together with the mixer. So, you won't have to search for the accessories when you're ready to use it or worry about anything getting lost.
The mixer comes with a set of easy-to-clean beaters and a whisk. It also has 250W peak power.
This mixer from Hamilton Beach has good ratings within the community, along with 4.2 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 3 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.3 inches by 5.7 inches by 9.2 inches.
3. Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9
Speed Hand Mixer
- Handheld mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback;BPA Free
- Simple on/off button; 1-touch speed control and 9 speed options
- 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering; snap-on clear storage case
- Includes beaters, chef's whisk, dough hooks, spatula, and instruction/recipe book
- Measures approximately 8-1/2 by 3-8/9 by 8-8/9 inches; 3-year limited warranty
This hand mixer by Cuisinart is considered the best hand mixer by many of its users. It is convenient for storage and easy to use.
This mixer has an automatic feedback SmoothStart feature that eliminates splatters. It has nine speeds, so you can use it for a variety of things, from kneading homemade bread dough, beating batter, and whipping egg whites.
When you're done using the mixer, you can quickly clean it and fit the extra-long beaters, the chef's whisk, and dough hooks inside the clear case -- all of which comes with the mixer. This snaps right onto the mixer, making for simple storage. All of these removable accessories are dishwasher safe.
The mixer will give you all of the power, control, and storage that you desire within a hand mixer. In addition to the accessories already mentioned, the hand mixer also comes with a spatula and a recipe book.
This hand mixer from Cuisinart has 4.3 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 4 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.5 by 3.9 by 8.9 inches.
4. Breville The Handy Mix Scraper
- Beater IQ intuitive interface detects the type of attachment you are using and adjusts the speed to the best desired range for what you are mixing
- Powerful 240-watt DC motor for quiet operation and high torque at low speeds
- Quiet scraper beaters mix to the edges without clanging to maximize contact with the bowl
- Count-up timer for accurate control of recipes that require precise mixing time
- Mixing light enables you to view ingredients during the mixing progress
This hand mixer from Breville is well-loved by its users and has numerous innovative features. Although it is pricey, it is one of the best hand mixer options out there, possibly making the price worth it.
The Breville hand mixer features their Beater IQ technology. No matter what you're mixing, it will detect which attachment you're using and will automatically re-calibrate to the ideal speed.
This mixer also features quiet scraper beaters. One of the worst parts about using a hand mixer is the noise that it makes. The beaters that come with this mixer have rubber ends, minimizing sound that could happen when making contact with the bowl.
Breville's hand mixer has nine speed settings. It also features an ergonomic handle that will create a natural hand position, so your hand won't feel uncomfortable when mixing.
The mixer also features compact storage, coming with a detachable storage compartment that keeps all of your accessories and swivel cords attached to the mixer. This way, you won't have to worry about losing any attachments.
This mixer has incredible reviews with 4.7 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 4 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.5 by 3.5 by 10.2 inches.
5. KitchenAid 7-Speed Hand Mixer
- 7 Speeds: Combine ingredients at speed one for slowly stirring in chunky ingredients, speed four for mashing potatoes, speed seven for beating egg whites and whipping meringue.
- Soft Start Feature brings the beaters up to the selected speed gradually to help prevent ingredients from splattering.
- Lock the cord into either the left or right side of the mixer so you can approach ingredients from any angle. The round cord is easy to wipe clean.
- Soft Grip Handle provides comfort while mixing.
- Easily and quickly remove any accessory from the hand mixer with the single-handed press of a button.60 Hertz
One of the best hand mixer options is another one by KitchenAid. This one has seven speeds, so it has even more capabilities than the previous one.
The seven speed settings give you the capability to do a variety of things, whether that's slowly stirring in ingredients, mashing potatoes, or whipping meringue.
It comes with Stainless Steel Turbo Beater II accessories that are ideal for mixing dense ingredients. These are dishwasher safe. The mixer also comes with a Pro Whisk.
This mixer also features KitchenAid's lockable swivel cord, that's easy to wipe clean, and allows you to lock the cord into either side so that you can approach ingredients from any angle.
The KitchenAid 7-Speed Hand Mixer has top reviews with 4.3 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 2 pounds, and its dimensions are 3.5 by 8 by 6 inches.
6. VonShef 300W Red Hand Mixer
- ELECTRIC HAND MIXER: With a 250W motor and turbo setting you can whisk, mix and knead to bake and cook.
- STAINLESS STEEL ATTACHMENTS: Includes - 2x Beaters, 2x Dough Hooks and a Balloon Whisk. The durable stainless steel dough hooks make mixing dough and heavier cake mixes easy. The stainless steel beaters are perfect for whisking egg whites, creaming ingredients and for light cake mixtures or batters.
- 5 SPEED SETTING AND TURBO BOOST: 5 Different Speed Settings, Turbo Function and Ejection Button. The improved speed settings are all thumb operated, meaning the device is easy and convenient to use.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY USE: The VonShef Hand Whisk also benefits from a compact and light weight design that allows you transport it easily. All of the accessories included with the hand mixer are all dishwasher safe and easy to clean, leaving you more time to bake and less time scrubbing.
- STYLISH DESIGN: Stylish and Sleek in a Robust Silver and Red Design. Dimensions - 7.2 x 4.3 x 3 inches (approx.). Cable length - 5 feet.
Another best hand mixer option is from the brand VonShef. If you love to cook and bake, this might be an excellent option for you.
This mixer features a 300W motor and a turbo setting so that you can effortlessly mix, whisk, and knead any ingredient. The speed settings are thumb-operated, making it convenient and easy to use.
This hand mixer comes with several attachments that give you a wide variety of capabilities, including a balloon whisk. It comes with durable chrome dough hooks to make mixing dough and heavy cake mix simple. It also comes with chrome beaters that are great for creaming ingredients, whisking egg whites, or mixing light cake mixes and batters.
There are five speed settings and a turbo setting on this hand mixer. You can choose the speed that best suits your ingredients. Speed five would be ideal for whipping cream or egg whites, and speed one is perfect for stirring gravy.
The VonShef hand mixer will look sleek and stylish in any kitchen, coming in a red and silver design. It is compact and lightweight, allowing easy transportation. All of the included accessories are dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean.
This hand mixer by VonShef has good professional reviews and 4.5 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 2.85 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.9 by 7.2 by 4.5 inches.
7. Black + Decker Lightweight 5-Speed
- Professional-Style Beaters - The durable beaters work through all types of batters, sauces, and doughs. Removable for easy dishwasher cleaning
- 5 Speeds + Power Boost
- Comfort Grip - The lightweight mixer features an ergonomic grip for comfortable operation
- Heel and Bowl Rest - The heel of the mixer is designed to rest upright on the counter or sit on the edge of the bowl
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts
If you're looking for an affordable and straightforward hand mixer that gets the job done, then this could be the best hand mixer for you.
This hand mixer makes mixing sauces and batters straightforward. It has a 175W motor that powers two beaters. The mixer also features five mixing speeds that quickly get any job done.
It also includes a turbo boost option that will increase its mixing power to get through tough mixing jobs. This mixer can easily be cleaned thanks to the dishwasher-safe beaters. It has an ergonomic grip that lets you have a comfortable feel on the handle.
Plus, the mixer features a heel and bowl rest. The heel was made to rest upright on the counter or sit on the edge of the bowl.
This mixer from Black + Decker has excellent reviews within the community with 4.3 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs just 1.1 pounds, and its dimensions are 4.2 inches by 6 inches by 7.3 inches.
8. Dash SmartStore Hand Mixer
- 3 speeds: low, medium, or high speed controls let you quickly mix, blend, or whip egg whites, cake batter, cookie dough, whip cream and more At the touch of a button
- Beater storage: no more lost beaters or flimsy front clip plates - seamlessly eject the beaters and pop them, freshly cleaned, right back into the beater storage clip on the side of the appliance, making for optimum storage
- Compact + portable: weighing just over 2 lbs, This is a must-have for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- Perfect gift: the perfect wedding or new home gift. Its small size takes up little cabinet or counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now! )
- Includes: backed by a 1-year manufacturer , The 150-watt 3 Speed Hand mixer includes 2 beaters, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe or easily wiped clean)
Another option for the best hand mixer might be this one from Dash. If you don't need a ton of functionalities, and just want a simple hand mixer to get the job done, this is the perfect one for you.
It has three speeds, convenient storage, and a compact design. The beaters eject effortlessly with the touch of a button to be easily cleaned and store right into the beater storage clip on the side of the mixer. Your beaters never have to get lost in storage again!
The mixer has a 150W motor. Although it has a lightweight design, it is still powerful enough to get most mixing jobs done.
This mixer from Dash includes two beaters and a recipe book. It is well-rated, having 4.3 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. The mixer weighs 2.2 pounds, and its dimensions are 7.3 by 2.5 by 4.5 inches.
9. Oster 240-Watt 5-Speed Hand Mixer
- 240-watt motor and 5 speed settings
- Ergonomic design contour grip for ease and comfort
- Burst-of-Power function provides extra mixing power to work through batters and ensure even mixing at any speed
- One-touch beater eject makes clean up quick and easy
- Includes chrome beaters and dough hooks
This hand mixer from Oster is another option for the best hand mixer for you. It provides extreme power, convenience, and creativity.
The Oster hand mixer has five speeds that you can control with your thumb. There is also a one-touch power burst function.
This mixer has an ergonomic design and is comfortable to use. It includes chrome beaters and dough hooks that will give you the right tools for any job that you're getting done. There is a one-touch beater eject button on the mixer, making clean-up extremely simple.
The Oster hand mixer has excellent reviews and 4.0 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 1.7 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.4 by 4.2 by 7.3 inches.
10. Black + Decker Helix Performance
Premium Hand Mixer
- Helix Beaters: 2x better mixing performance*! The improved design maximizes beater overlap for fast, efficient mixing of batters, doughs, spreads, toppings, and more!
- 2X More Beater Surface Area: Increased surface area of the beaters allows for more contact with the ingredients and complete control of mixing.
- This mixing set includes: two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and one wire whisk.
- Reinforced Nylon Beaters: The helix beaters are made with reinforced nylon, delivering strength to handle tough mixes and durability for consistent performance.
- 5 Speeds + Turbo Boost: Find the right speed for every mixing task. Plus, you can slowly increase speed for optimal mixing consistency and to prevent messes.
Finally, the Black + Decker Helix hand mixer is one of the best hand mixer choices that you can find. It comes in a variety of unique colors that aren't usually found in hand mixers, giving you the chance to add a fun pop of color to your kitchen.
This mixer features an advanced helix design for the beaters. This maximizes beater overlap and gives the ability to mix ingredients in multiple directions. The beaters are nylon and double the surface area and mixing performance.
It has a 250W motor and 5 speeds. This includes a reduced starting speed that can help prevent splatters. It also includes a turbo boost option that can add power to every mixing speed so that you can combine thick ingredients.
The set includes two helix beaters, two dough hooks, and one wire whisk. This will allow you to use the mixer for a variety of ingredients.
Accessories are all stored in a convenient storage case that uses the mixer as the snap-on cover. Clean-up is extremely simple with its auto-eject button that disconnects the dishwasher-safe tools. It also features a heel and bowl rest to prevent messes.
This mixer is well-loved within the community and has 4.2 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon. It weighs 3.35 pounds, and its dimensions are 3.8 by 10.9 by 9.8 inches.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Hand Mixer
Image source: pixabay
Now that you've looked at our best hand mixer options, you're probably dying to purchase one.
Before you buy one, make a list of the features you're looking for. That way, you can take it to the store with you or keep it next to you when shopping online. You can be sure that the hand mixer you choose has everything that you need.
Do you have the best hand mixer that we didn't mention on this list? Let us know in a comment!